Rules for admission to study at the “Shelek Polytechnic College”
- These Standard Rules for Admission to Study at the Shelek Polytechnic College, which implements professional training programs for technical and vocational education (here in after referred to as the Rules), establish the procedure for admission to study at the Shelek Polytechnic College, in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated July 27, 2007 “On Education” (here in after referred to as the Law) and the Model Rules for Admission to Education in an Educational Organization Implementing Professional Training Programs for Technical and Vocational Education, approved by Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated January 19, 2012 No.130.
4. Upon admission to study at the Shelek Polytechnic College, a quota is provided for the admission of persons specified in paragraph 8 of Article 26 of the Law:
- Citizens from among the disabled of I-II groups, disabled since childhood, disabled children;
- Persons equated in terms of benefits and guarantees to participants and invalids of the Great Patriotic War;
- Citizens from among the village (rural) youth in the specialty determining the socio-economic development of the aul (village);
- Persons of Kazakh nationality who are not citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Orphans and children left without parental care.
- Persons with technical and vocational, post-secondary, higher education are accepted for training by interview.
- Organization of documents acceptance and entrance examinations
In the Shelek Polytechnic College, a selection committee is being created to accept applications from individuals for training, conduct entrance exams and enroll in students, which begins work on June 20 of this year. The selection committee consists of the chairman, executive secretary, members of the selection committee.
- Information about the results of enrollment will be brought to the attention of applicants by August 30 by the selection committee by posting on information boards or on the college website.
7. Acceptance of applications of persons for training is carried out:
• According to the educational curricula of technical and vocational education, providing for the training of personnel in mass professions and more complex (related) professions – from June 20 to August 20.
Applicants must attach the following documents to the application for admission to study in an educational organization:
1. Certificate of education (original)
2. Birth certificate or identity card (copy)
3. Individual identification number (copy)
4. Medical certificate of form 086, 025
5. Photo 3×4 (4 pcs)
6. Child health card 063
7. Copy of brownie, address certificate
8. Characteristics from school
9. Reference from inspections for juvenile affairs
10. Blue file folder (10 sheets)
11. Reference about parent’s income statement
12. Reference about the child’s condition
13. Copy of the ID card of the parents
Documents proving the identity of the applicant are presented personally by parents or legal representatives.
Foreigners or stateless persons submit a document that determines their status with a mark of registration at the place of residence:
• Foreigner – residence permit of a foreigner in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
• Stateless person – certificate of a stateless person;
• Refugee – refugee certificate;
• Asylum seeker – certificate of the asylum seeker;
• Oralman – oralman’s certificate.
Applications from applicants are registered in the register of documents.
- Those entering the Shelek Polytechnic College for working specialties after basic secondary education are conducted in the form of an interview with answers to test questions (test questions are prepared in 6 versions) – in two subjects in the scope of the curriculum of basic secondary education, providing for the training of mid-level specialists , and having:
- Basic secondary education – in two subjects in the scope of curricula of basic secondary education (Kazakh or Russian language (dictation) and a subject according to the profile of the specialty);
- General secondary education is conducted in three subjects (Kazakh or Russian language, history of Kazakhstan and a subject according to the profile of the specialty);
- Technical and vocational, post-secondary, higher education, which do not correspond to the profile of the specialty, are carried out in the profile subject of the specialty;
- Technical and vocational, post-secondary, higher education, corresponding to the profile of the specialty, are conducted in the form of an interview;
Entrance examinations for applicants for training in educational curricula of technical and vocational education, which provide for the training of personnel in mass professions and more complex (related) professions, are held in the form of an interview; Entrance examinations to the organization of education are held in Kazakh or Russian, according to the applications of applicants. The list of general education subjects according to the profile of specialties of technical and vocational education is determined in accordance with the appendix to these Rules.
- Entrance examinations to an educational organization are held in the language in which training will subsequently be carried out.
- Persons who received an “unsatisfactory” mark on testing or who did not appear for it without a good reason are not enrolled in training.
- Entrance exams are held from August 20 to August 25.
- During testing:
- In the form of testing, the number of test tasks (questions) and for each subject is 25, the correct answer for each test task is estimated at 1 point, 1 hour 30 minutes is allotted for testing in two subjects; codes of correct answers are posted immediately after the end of the test, the results of the test are announced on the day of the test;
In the form of exams in the subjects of assessment “3”, “4”, “5”, received according to the results of entrance examinations, are converted by the admissions committee into points on the following scale:
“3” -8 points;
“4” – 17 points;“5” – 25 points.
In order to ensure compliance with uniform requirements and resolve controversial issues in the evaluation of test tasks (questions) and exams in subjects, to protect the rights of applicants, an appeals commission is created by the educational organization. The appeal commission consists of the chairman, secretary, members of the appeal commission.
A person who does not agree with the results of a test or an entrance examination in subjects may file an application for an appeal. An application for appeal is submitted to the Appeal Commission before 13.00. the next day after the announcement of the results of testing or entrance exams and is considered by the appeal commission with the participation of the applicant within one day.
The decision of the appeal commission is made by a majority of votes from the list of the commission. In case of equality of votes, the chairman of the commission has the right to a casting vote. The work of the commission is formalized by protocols, which are signed by the chairman and all members of the commission.
- Retaking tests in subjects is not allowed.
- Enrollment in the composition of students
- Enrollment of persons for training is carried out at the request of persons on a competitive basis. The competition is held on the basis of scores of “assessments” obtained from the results of entrance examinations in the form of testing.
- Persons who scored less than 25 points from two subjects for those with basic general education are not allowed to participate in the competition for enrollment in the composition of students.
- In the case of the same indicators during the competition for enrollment in the composition of students under the state order, orphans, children left without parental care, children with disabilities, who, according to the conclusion of the medical and social examination, are not contraindicated training in the chosen specialty, and persons who have a certificate of education with honors.
- Enrollment in the composition of students is carried out from August 25 to August 30.
- Enrollment in an educational organization is carried out at an open meeting of the selection committee separately by profession, specialty, language of instruction.